Congrats! You have acquired a pharmacy. The last 2 weeks of the purchase can be crazy, all the papers, emails and phone calls and you feel relieved that you get to move onto the fun stuff. But try not to take too big of a break as there is a lot to do. Below are some of the top things we see forgotten:
1. Check former owners control substance procedures as they are usually outdated.
2. Look at labor law posters, are they up to date.
3. All of your new employees will need to complete Hippa and Fraud Waste and Abuse training even if they were recently completed.
4. Transfer all the bills (utilities, pharmacy system, etc) into your name.
5. Change the locks, you do not know who has a key.
6. Change merchant service bank account information (credit card deposits) to your bank account as soon as possible.